CANCEL YOUR SCOTTISH POWER CONTRACT IN SECONDS
Considered one of the Big Six energy providers in the United Kingdom, Scottish Power was established in 1990 after the privatization of the Scottish electricity industry. Since 2007, it has been a subsidiary of a Spanish energy company, Iberdrola.
The energy provider produces its electricity through various renewable sources, and its target is to go 100% green. Currently, the company serves over 2.86 million customers. Getting energy from Scottish Power has many perks, and the number of people using their services indicates this. Still, it is perfectly normal to want to cancel their contract.
Benefits of Scottish Power
Before cancelling their services, it is essential to understand that you may not find their perks with other energy providers. These perks include:
• Go Green Plan: Scottish Power users can subscribe to the Go Green Bolt option and choose to use 100% green electricity for as low as £3 per month. By using the renewable energy that Scottish Power provides, you contribute to preserving the environment.
• They don’t charge a fee for switching from one tariff to another. You can switch to any of their five tariffs for free. However, if you want to change your energy provider, a fee of £30 is applied if you switch before the end of the deal.
• Scottish Power offer boiler care: For as little as £3.5, you can access boiler care insurance plans provided by Domestic & General.
• Plumbing, electrical, and drains: Working with AXA, Scottish Power provide plumbing, electrical, and drains services for as little as £3 per month. You can get repairs for your washing machine, tap leakages, overflow pipes, and more.
• Kitchen care service: Scottish Power provides services for kitchen appliances such as cookers, dishwashers, fridges, ovens, etc. Each appliance is charged differently, but their services come at a much lower price.
• They offer smart meters and thermostats to help customers control their energy usage.
Required data to cancel Scottish Power contract
• Your contract account number
• The date of application
• Your name and address
• Phone number
• Email address
• Your signature
How to cancel your Scottish Power contract
You can cancel your contract through either of the following methods:
• Call their customer support through 0800 400 200, and they will walk you through the cancellation process. Their lines are open during the working days from 9 am-5 pm.
• Download the cancellation form through their official website, fill it and return it to them through the address provided on the form.
• You can also cancel your contract online. Login to your Scottish Power account, check the conditions for cancelling and speak to an agent to confirm that you want to cancel your contract. You can talk to an agent through their web chat platform or send an email to [email protected] stating that you indeed want to cancel your contract. Indicate the necessary information in the mail so they can get in touch with you.
Alternatives for Scottish Power
In the energy industry, there is no short of options. Some of the alternatives you can try if you are not impressed by Scottish Power includes:
• Outfox the Market
• Octopus Energy
• Avro Energy
• People’s Energy
• Pure Planet