CANCEL YOUR OVO ENERGY CONTRACT IN SECONDS
Established in 2009, Ovo Energy has grown into one of the biggest energy providers in the UK in the space of ten years. Currently, it is estimated to have at least five million customers. Their goal is to make energy greener, simpler, and cheaper. In addition to home energy services, Ovo Energy is focused on smart technology.
In January 2020, Ovo Energy took over SSE, and it is now ranked the second biggest energy provider in the United Kingdom after British Gas. Still, some users feel the urge to try alternative energy providers and would want to cancel their contract. In this article, we will show you how to cancel the Ovo Energy contract.
What Are the Perks Of Using Ovo Energy?
With the number of users increasing steadily over the years, Ovo Energy must have been doing some things right. Some of the advantages of using their services include:
● Home energy plans: Ovo Energy offers a home plan that covers problems with drains, electrics, and plumbing. The plan starts for as little as £13, and you can choose advanced plans that allow you unlimited access to their hotline.
● Boiler and home emergency plan: This plan covers issues to do with the boiler. They will be there for you whenever you need repairs. You can also take advantage of the plan and get a replacement at a discounted price. Generally, the plan starts from as little as £13 per month.
● Smart Chargers: Ovo Energy customers who drive electric vehicles can take advantage of Ovo’s next-generation smart chargers. Their chargers are packed with remarkable features such as compatibility with solar energy. The good news is you can get a £100 discount if you get a smart charger as their energy customer.
● Smart Meters: Using smart meters helps manage your energy usage, and you will not need to submit your readings every month. Furthermore, smart meters provide accurate bills, making your work easier when billing.
How to Cancel Your Ovo Energy Contract
You can contact Ovo through their helplines O800 5999 440 (post-paid) or 0800 358 3523 (pre-paid). Alternatively, send them an email through [email protected].
Here is the typical cancellation procedure:
● Sign up for another energy supplier and ensure you don’t have debt with Ovo Energy. Also, double-check with Ovo Energy to confirm if you will need to pay an exit fee or not.
● Once you start your switch, Ovo Energy will allow you a 14-day cooling-off period. During these 14 days, you can change your mind and go back to Ovo without paying exit fees to the new supplier.
● After 14 days, the new supplier will contact Ovo to let them know that they will be taking over the energy supply.
● The new energy supply will ask for your meter reading some days before the official switch. Typically, you will get ten days to send the readings to the new supplier. Ovo recommends sending the readings to them, too, so they can help make the switch as smooth as possible.
● After validating the readings, Ovo will close your account, but you will need to pay up if you have any balance. If you have credit in your Ovo account, they will refund you through your bank account within ten working days.
Alternatives for Ovo Energy
Some of the alternatives you can try include:
● Octopus Energy
● Avro Energy
● First Utility
● Spark Energy
● Avid Energy