CANCEL YOUR ALABAMA POWER CONTRACT IN SECONDS
Alabama Power is an electricity supply company. It is amongst the four utilities run by Southern Company; it is the second-largest subsidiary of the company. On its own, it has over 1.4 million customers served over the southern two-thirds of Alabama. Its offer of service is to residential, businesses, and smart energy. The following are benefits of Alabama Power:
- It offers competitive pricing to its users.
- It provides reliable electricity supply due to its over 77 electric generating units with over 12 million kilowatts capacity.
- It offers a variety of energy from hydro, solar, wind, and biomass energy.
- It is involved in community programs and projects. It permits shoreline structures and promotes shoreline best management practices through its 14 hydro facilities.
- It promotes outages and storm readiness efforts as they reset your power back up as soon as possible.
Required Information and Contact Information
You require providing the following information:
- Whether you are under residential or business service
- Your account number
- Your Web Access Code or SSN or Tax ID, or Email Address
- Your Contact Information
You may contact Alabama Power via phone at 1-800-245-2244 on weekdays from 7:00 am to 9:00 pm CST for residential customers and 1-888-430-5787 on weekdays from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm CST for business customers.
They are also available through email by sending a message via their online platform for non-urgent queries.
Alternatively, they can also be reached by mail through:
Alabama Power Payments
P.O. Box 242
Birmingham, Alabama 35292
How to Stop Alabama Power Service
You can cancel Alabama Power service by contacting them via phone or email. For residential users, you may contact them at 1-800-245-2244 while business users may contact them at 1-888-430-5787.
Alternatively, you may log in to your account and select the stop service menu. Once you follow the prompts, giving your details and confirmation, your service is canceled. This applies for both residential and business users.
You should note that you will not receive a Renewable Energy Certificate once you cancel the program.
Alternatives to Alabama Power
There are various competitors to Alabama power that you can subscribe to.
Some of these include:
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- Duke Energy
- Power South Energy Cooperative
- TECO Energy